Thursday, November 20, 2008

Too Exhausted To Even Make This Post

So much for the word vein I hit yesterday.

I started to write today at about 8:45 after skipping out on a set of plans that I had tonight. This was after taking a very long nap. And yet I was too exhausted to even move my fingers over the keyboard.

20,747 is where I now stand after attempting to write from 8:45 until 11:15. I don't even know if I can count that as a writing session.

I should have just called the night lost and stayed at my former word count.

The ironic thing is, is that I know I'm about to start on some very serious conflict in the book and that should contain a lot of words. I think I was almost afraid to get there is the problem. I am feeling so uninspiredly tired that I don't think I'll squeeze all of the words out of the next few scenes that I could if I just start them well rested and ready to write.

And not feeling like I'm going to fall asleep on the keyboard.

At least I've got a head start on where the story will be going this weekend. The goal for tomorrow night is now 24,000 since I'm almost at 21,000 now.

The goal for the end of the weekend is 33,000. It's a lofty goal but if I lock myself in my apartment all day both days, and I think I'm too exhausted to do otherwise, it's attainable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home