Saturday, November 08, 2008

Moving On In The Story Finally

While my story is still wandering pretty aimlessly, due to a marathon writing session from 8:00 to 10:00 p.m., I now stand at 6,986 words.

This is still 6,647 words behind but it feels like a pretty significant number.

This evening I wrote some reflections of the main character on why someone would want to be in small town America after I basically change around the facts a bit in a stop I actually made in Fairmount, Indiana in April on my way to driving to Washington, D.C.

Fairmount is James Dean's hometime and there's a hero worship to him there. I wrote in the mindset of the main character how he's almost envious that one person can have such an impact.

In the Historical Museum in Fairmount is also all the senior class photos from Fairmount's less famous graduates. And he realizes that in a small town, everyone has an impact on everyone else. And he wants to be a part of this.

I then have him drive on to Muncie, Indiana where he's currently sitting in a hotel room after setting some things straight (i.e. quitting his job). He's standing in front of a mirror getting ready to get in touch with his ex-girlfriend to sell all of the things out of the apartment he used to have.

Then I'm going to have him go to a strip club.

Sure it might not fit into the story. But I need to have something to get me interested in writing again and smut might do just that. Or at least pad the word count.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home