Sunday, November 09, 2008

Starting To Drive On "Drive"

I woke up early this morning before dropping my parents off to take the Megabus back to Michigan (talk about a change of position with growing up) and wrote 1,141 words in about 45 minutes. I didn't end up writing the strip club scene.

Instead I wrote about half of the scene with the main character (who still doesn't have a name) calling home to convince his ex-girlfriend to sell the stuff in his apartment.

What I wrote this morning isn't as important, however, as where I'm writing this evening.

I took both of my laptops into Circuit City today. The older one I have just given up on and am just having them do a data recovery. This will be about $100 but is worth it to get back my photos and, I realize now, Microsoft Word.

The newer laptop turned out not to be incredibly broken or incredibly broken depending on how you look at it. The on key is completely disfunctional (the Geek Squad employee at Best Buy managed to push the computer on but then couldn't turn it off). Thankfully since it's a HP Pavilion built as much for watching movies as it is for anything else, it can be booted from the DVD player functionality.

After rebooting the computer completely to get rid of the blue screen of death that was there when the computer did boot up, I am now back active in the world of laptop users. Without Microsoft Word on the computer and using Google Documents but lying down while writing is the greatest feeling in the world.

I now stand at 8,127 words which ranks me 33rd on the Chicago word war team. But now I can actually write in New York City. And on the airplane. And I actually have a desire to write again. So my morale is definitely up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home