Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Actually Made My Goal By 60 Seconds

By the skin of my teeth, I made my goal of 20,000 words before midnight.

20,006.

It shouldn't have been quite so close but Google Documents, which I've been using to store everything decided to eat the last 150 or so words I wrote early this morning. And of course the words I typed to replace them tonight didn't seem nearly as good to me.

But I wrote them.

And I could write more tonight but staying up and doing these midnight to 1:00 a.m. writing sessions is making me ill. I went to see the doctor today to make sure I was healing correctly and had no neurological damage from the assault on Friday. He asked if I was feeling dizzy and if I had blurred vision. I told him that I wasn't sure because I wasn't getting any sleep.

Tomorrow might be a day of no writing at all since I have plans after work but at least my word count now exceeds the day of the month for the first time this year.

The goal for Friday is 23,000 if I don't write tomorrow. That would mean a pace of 3,000 words per day to close out the month which is entirely possible given Thanksgiving. It's going to be an awful slog but if I can get 1,500 words out of getting a fake driver's license, I can do this.

I'm actually a bit proud of my scene tonight although I pulled a lot of information out of the air about what kinds of documents need to be forged. But there was no time to go and ask the question on the forums or anything.

And it's not really important since I know this story will never see the light of day. It's more a challenge now. Though I am getting some ideas out of the story so we'll see if I can use them in future years.

That's a lot to thing about right now so I'll leave that for when I'm more awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home