Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Grinder Was Not Inspirational

Another somewhat wasted day on the novel front. Instead of being productive and writing all day today like I had planned, instead I watched fantasy football scores and played all day on Yelp.

I did manage to complete the scene where the police interrogate the main character about the mugging (asking why he was in what he didn't even realize was a bad part of town). This scene seemed to eat up a lot of words but in reality it only brought me to 13,981.

So I'm maintaining my streak, I see of being exactly half way to where I need to be. My goal for the day was 15,000 so I didn't end up too far off. In fact, despite how bad this might be for me at work tomorrow, I'm going to push for it in a 45 minute sprint after I finish typing this entry.

I seem to have won at fantasy football (something I worried about when my defense (the New York Jets) only put up 8 points on Thursday so the Monday night game is meaningless to me.

Right now the story is in Philadelphia so I went to the Philadelphia themed restaurant across the street from my apartment for lunch. I got a grinder seeing if that would get me excited to write about Philadelphia.

It didn't, so I'm going to get the main character, now down to the $100 he stashed in his car out of the last ATM transaction he made, out of Pennsylvania a.s.a.p.

I think him getting robbed of all of his credit cards and the like is going to be good for the story. I think losing his "identity" is going to mean doing things like getting a fake driver's license and finding a job with it.

I'm definitely leaving things that I've personally done behind and venturing out into a new world.

Will this new world have enough for the final 35,000 words in two weeks? That I'm not really sure of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home