Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Finally Writing In Small Blocks But With No Theme

Since I'll be in the Detroit metropolitan area tomorrow though Friday, I saw my weekly movie at the Logan Theater today. It was "Role Models." That movie was suprisingly good. It wasn't necessarily the smartest movie out right now but it had a nice ethos. It was centered around music as so many movies are, with Kiss and Wings references holding the film together.

And I realized that's what this year's novel is lacking that I've had in the past. But it's way too late for that now. I'm now 2/3rds of the way to the end point and there's no string like that to be had. Oh well, it's not like NaNos are definitely supposed to be about themes anyway.

I wrote 2,313 words today (313 is actually the area code for the city of Detroit so it's sort of oddly fitting but unintentional) in two writing sessions. One of them was a 30 minute block before I left for the movie. I guess it's a combination of not wanting to fail and actually having something to write about that squeezed me into a small block like that.

It's the kind of thing I've done on a regular basis in past years.

I have just introduced the love interest into the story in the form of a nurse at a clinic in Staunton. So this sets up the conflict.

I have tried to avoid the plot of this movie I once saw where a fake psychologist wraps a town around his finger before it all comes crashing down due to a woman and I'm still trying to avoid that. I have to figure out how to do that.

But I have a long car ride back to Michigan with my sister and her dog to do that tomororow.

Off to write again. I only have about 1,500 words until I finally catch the tail end of the active other members of the word war team. And tomorrow will, hopefully, be peaceful at work so I can stay up a bit late. I don't think I'll get to 35,500 to accomplish this but I'm going to try and get close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home