Monday, November 17, 2008

And There Goes Another Week

I actually met a goal for once in 2008. It's a small miracle! From midnight to 1:15 a.m., I wrote 1058 words and now stand at 15,039 which places me second to last on the word war team instead of last.

This moving slightly up the list has inspired me to write and to try to catch the tail end of the people who have been actively trying to write all month. Or those that wrote early and then gave up.

Of course while I was raring to write, I got a phone call from my sister today reminding me that Sisters of Mercy were playing tonight at House of Blues and we had tickets. I ended up going home from work and going to sleep until 7:45 when I needed to be there at 8:30.

I didn't even eat dinner except for some fries at the show, let alone write.

This is sort of depressing since tonight was the one night this week I thought I could get some serious writing in. Tomorrow and Thursday I have plans and Wednesday I have to see my weekly movie.

I may not get a chance to seriously write again until Friday which is already past the two-thirds mark of the month. I hoped to be well past 20,000 by then but I'm not sure if that's even feasible.

I'm going to write tonight for a bit and see what happens. I probably won't get in more than a thousand. It's sad since I know exactly where my story is going now for about next few chapters. Or at least the next one.

The main character is going to meet up with an old college friend in Washington D.C. who has known his time on the wrong side of the law. Shenanigans ensue. If I knew what those shenanigans were, it would be great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home