Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Why I Shouldn't Write Or Talk While Drunk

So I am drunk right now and I'm still starting to plug away at the novel. I have only written about, well exactly, 790 words tonight. The last 365 were in a word war and I'm not even sure they make any sense.

I know that I suddenly had Kate seduce the first guy that walked through the door when she saw Andy and Tabitha standing there and greeting people (nothing is happening there). This caused Andy to act like Kate and goes into pause mode. I actually made a "Freaky Friday" reference to explain it all but I don't know if that even made sense.

I'm now at 57,496. I put in the forum that I wanted to hit 60,000 tonight but that's not going to happen.

I could but I think work might be very interesting tomorrow regardless.

---

See, I'm pretty drunk right now (though I'm sobering up as I write this).

I went to the Blackhawks/Lightning game tonight and before, me and the motley crew of co-workers and roommates of co-workers went to a bar at Madison and Racine (I believe it was called the Third Rail).

I'm a very slow drinker but I had two there and then two more at the game. And so four drinks in the time I'd usually have two has sapped my sanity.

On the car ride home, I told the girl who doesn't want to be in the story far too much about our mutual friend (not-Kate). I don't even know where it came from but I know that I'll end up hearing about it in the near future (if not tomorrow). Not that it's embarassing but it's still not something I should have spoken out loud as some people don't know how to interpret what I say.

I was still totally logical about the whole thing but I have to say that when I'm drunk, it's not good if I'm around not-Kate.

---

Oh, but what is good is that Chicago seems to have by a miracle (a miracle known a cavafy and ilyq) taken the lead on Toronto again.

It's by about 30k and I'm not sure it will last but I'm pretty happy right now (even if I do have to remind cavafy not to wait 70k until they, I'm not even sure if it's a he or she, updates).

I wanted to write way more tonight than I did but maybe tomorrow I'll actually remember to e-mail myself my NaNo file and write at work.

I'm just happy that while I didn't write, my team knocked me down from the #9 word count to the #13 one.

That and while I was at a hockey game, they turned into Toronto. People who I thought stopped at 50k are now madly going again. I just hope I can get back to doing the same for the final two days.

And that I make an a** of myself no more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home