Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Earliest Closing Day Of NaNo In A While

According to Blogger, this is the 100th post I've made to this blog in a little over two years. Which, of course, is saying something since I only use it for a little over a month each year.

And by use, I mean, blabber away about my own novel and whatever Word War I'm in and whatnot and give unsolicited advice.

I used to actually post links to other people's blogs and that sort of thing but I've been pretty much all consumed this year. Though in this consumption, I actually stumbled across a decent blog from a member of Team New York City. Course now I've lost it so let's not bring that up. Maybe tomorrow at work I'll find it again and maybe even post it on the sidebar.

Which reminds me how bad a community member I've been as of late toward my NaNoBlogging brothers and sisters. I haven't even listened to the NaNoWriMo '07 Podcast. I used to eagerly await each new one because Derusha is teh awesome (she, unlike me, actually pays attention to the greater NaNo world around her). Now I haven't even listened to the official Podcast and it's on Episode #3.

This is the same thing that happened last year. I got so involved in Chicago that I forgot there's a whole bunch of people out there not in Chicago, New York City, and Toronto who are actually noveling this month.

Tomorrow marks the unofficial halfway point (I saw unofficial because the official halfway point is when the clock strikes midnight and turns tomorrow in November 16, 2007) of NaNoWriMo. So it's as good a time as any to make a second half resolutions.

I'm going to at least try to listen to the Podcast backlog at work tomorrow. Workload hasn't really been allowing me to get a solid five minutes of listening to anything recently especially catching up from Tuesday today.

And I'm going to try to surf the various boards again. I haven't done that in a few days. Though the genre boards and the like seem to be calming down. It looks like a lot of people haven't made the halfway point this year. Which is good for the speed of the site for sure.

That includes about 12 members of Team Chicago but, hey, our "keep" rate is higher than the NaNo average.

---

Not-Kate heard a piece on NPR yesterday about NaNoWriMo so that's sort of cool. Oh wait, I just realized. That's probably the piece recorded at the kickoff party.

Not-Kate goes to sleep pretty early so she's probably not awake but I'm going to text her now.

Anyhow she said, "and I was like you do that."

So, at least there's some recognition of it from a few co-workers. All but one who are slight basises for the characters but still.

Speaking of which, Hoodie, who is a combination of my friend Kyle and myself (but more myself) is about to make a reappearance as a DJ in the story spinning at the party that brings the three primary players back together. So that should be sort of fun.

Anyhow, now I'm just filling words.

---

I set a simple goal for tonight, to hit 30,000 words. That is just not going to happen.

I didn't take a nap after work so I'm exhausted. Even though I stand at 29,473 right now, the thought of even 526 more words (about 30 minutes) seems like a sisyphisian task.

One night I have to just say no to another writing session and I think this is the one.

If it means a faster 526 words tomorrow or the ability to actually write at lunch it's good. I need a recharge like no one's buisness and 30,000 is probably about my halfway point so this is as good a time as any.

Good night world. For once I mean it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home