Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Day Before The Mystical 50k Day

Alright, this is just weird. Everybody in my house is already asleep and it's not even midnight yet. This is actually a problem as I don't have a car to go to Black Friday sales if I wanted to since my mother is already asleep and it would be her car that I'd be borrowing.

Thankfully after last November's various debacles, there is no need to buy a new laptop this year. No sparks flying out of my power outlet or anything like that. I think the only thing that I would even care to buy would be this MP3 player that is in store in quantities of 20 and I would only wait out for that because it sold out on the web.

It's probably not even a voucher item so waiting out for that sort of thing would be pointless.

This leaves a problem. I need to be awake at about 4:00 a.m. to get in line and bust the door down at 5:00 a.m. And I guess I could probably stay up and write for another four hours or something but that might prove difficult.

If only today were yesterday. I was up past 2:00 a.m. writing away doing word wars. While I only wrote that 1,015 words yesterday, from midnight to 2:00 a.m., I actually wrote 2,488 words. Add in my 1,055 from a writing session just prior to this and I'm at 46,101 words.

Tomorrow might prove to be a bit of a busy day (getting a family portrait for the first time in seven years which means a haircut in the morning) so I'm not 100% sure this will happen.

But, tomorrow will probably be the day that I hit 50,000!

And 23 is a mystical number all arounds so I can't think of a better day to do it than tomorrow.

Unless I'm exhausted from staying out all night.

---

I got an awesome text message earlier this evening from my friend Mary (squirrelgirl22). She's been sick for the past few days and has been frozen at 47,000.

She told me that she's feeling better now and she's got 15 chapters left to write.

I don't even know how many chapters I've written half the time but that feels like quite a few words about to flow through her fingers.

Of course now Toronto has sort of taken control of the Word War holding about a 10,000 word lead consistently throughout the days. This isn't insurmountable and we have surmounted it more than a few times but I liked the days better when we were in the lead.

Well, maybe tomorrow will be a mystical 23rd day of November and we'll finally take the lead back once and for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home