Sunday, November 25, 2007

Back In CST And Back In The Game

I really shouldn't be doing this since it's going to be a long day at work tomorrow (and I have a lot of stuff to do in it) but I'm sticking in Chicago's chat room to watch two of our amazing writers hit milestones - 50,000 for one and 100,000 for the other.

I figure it's the least I can do to be supportive in these virtual write-ins since I haven't attended a real one yet. I plan on going to the one of the 29th to 30th if I have anything left to write.

This novel is really fizzling out quickly despite the fact that I'm now at 53,753.

There are more scenes to write, and I think I'm about to write the climactic party scene where Tabitha stabs Andy in the back one more time in front of Kate (who finally realizes who's really on her side). From there, I should be able to wrap it up by the end of the month.

That is, if I can figure out how to make the story climactic. The whole thing is pretty anti-climactic as a whole. There is a beginning, middle, and end, but I haven't done the characterization that I needed.

Which is totally the opposite of my usual dilemma.

I think I need to reintroduce some of the people from the party in "Drugs" back into "Fireworks" because, sadly, I gave them more interesting personalities than my main characters.

---

Yes, my novel is way past salvagability.

My father asked me if I was writing this to get published and I said, "there are things in it that I can use" (mostly the observational stuff) but this novel in general is never going to see the light of day.

Though I will probably end up publishing it on LuLu for Samantha and not-Kate to read.

Speaking of which I really need to give up this blogging for the night and get back to word warring. I think I've actually got more words to say there than here.

I am exhausted from the drive home (my sister had to pick up her dog near Flint) so I actually woke up at 9:00 p.m.

In theory this should mean I'm sort of well rested and should be able to go until about 1:45 a.m. Hopefully the two Chicago word warriors will reach their goal by then.

It doesn't feel like a work night yet but I'm sure it's going to tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home