Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Prepping The Two Important Little Barz

Just about to jump into NANOWRIMO writing with two feet in a way that I haven't been doing with the web site this year.

But I did just play around with the widgets a bit and came up with the two most important ones, the two Word Wars I'm involved in. Whenever I write that the BBS in me wants to come out and spell it Word Warz.





and





Oh, it is so on this year!

I actually finally went to CVS at 6:00 p.m. or so today and got my writing notebook and am ready to hit the keyboard running. But I fear this is the year the keyboard runs me over. I still don't have any clue what will fill that notebook. Last year at this time I already had central characters and a basic outline of the first five chapters or so.

This year I don't even have a name for the character the novel opens with. I know it's going to be someone who avoids any situation that he (though I'm sure there will be a female protagonist at some point) thinks will be stressful or, more to the point, generous.

Whether this character will end up being a hero, an anti-hero, or just a casualty is beyond me at this point. I guess it will be up to how much I like the name. Though I think again, especially with this year's topic, that I'll have difficulty killing off any character.

That is, despite the fact that the whole thing takes place during a cataclysmic disaster. Oh, this is going to be a long November.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, at midnight I was in la-la land! LOL! Good Luck!!!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home