Monday, December 05, 2005

Feeling Very Not Nice Today In Early December

Why I'm in a pissy mood today has nothing to do with "March Of The Penguins" though I seriously want the time I spent watching that "documentary" back. In the time it took to watch that, I could have shoved a lot of eggs up my ass too!

No, I'm pissed off today because I got to sleep at 2:15 a.m. yesterday.

Oh I could have gotten to sleep earlier for sure, but I decided I was going to do the speed noveling world a favor and redesign the NaNoWriMo spreadsheet for NaNoFiMo. I don't know how the designer did it, but he managed to hide a secret formula somewhere in the mix that I can't redesign.

So the whole spreadsheet only shows 30 days on all the charts, leaves some cells blank, and puts weird numbers in others. But, in general, it's close enough for government work.

It's like that Coke Zero ad with the tranquilizer dart. Except I want to put that dart in the designers neck over the secret formula. :)

Though the whole reason I suddenly got so interested in the spreadsheet was that I finally started NaNoFiMo at 12:15 a.m. yesterday. I wrote until one and got 1,036 words.


1,036 / 30,000
(3.5%)



These words don't really add much to the story but I had a nagging thought going through my mind that I needed to get on paper. That thought was "why would anyone be willing to die to free themselves from an economic inferiority when they're no direct political control?"

I figured I had to explain that before I got much further into the book. Apparently Liam and company feel there is a secret shadow government from the United Kingdom controlling the United States in my alternate historical timeline. Whether that's true or not, I think I'll have to establish before the end of the book.

Tonight's writing should be fun as I think I'm about to have something very evil happen. We'll have to see if I can go through with it or not when the time comes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I hope you are feeling better today. Thanks for signing my LJ, I can't imagine how you found it! LOL! And then connected the 2 blogs to me. Oh well! :D

3:33 PM  
Blogger incendiarymind said...

I don't remember how I found your LJ. I think it was that the names matched but to realize that I would have had to see you in some community or something.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home