Friday, November 25, 2005

It's A Really Guilty Pleasures Friday This Day After Thanksgiving

NOVI, MICHIGAN - I waited out at Best Buy from 11:00 p.m. yesterday night to buy a new laptop. And I got it! #13 of 16!

Each store had at least 10 of the computers and the one on Haggerty Road in Novi has 16. Had my brother and I got there twenty minutes later, we would not have gotten them!

But victory is achieved and I've been playing with it all day in-between naps from being up for 24 hours straight! :)

I am never playing the Black Friday game again. I'm not sure that I'm appreciating the fact that I still can't entirely feel my toes. And the fact that my eyes hurt isn't necessarily appreciated.

But this laptop is entirely worth it since it feels like I've actually got my own computer at my parent's house. Not that it's helped my word count much since I'm not exactly thinking straight from a huge amount of brain freeze.


41,483 / 50,000
(83.0%)



I'm not exactly sure what I wrote in the last 1,000 or so words this evening. Through the haze of my mind from waiting out all night, I think I wrote a chapter about Luke and Liam having a confrontation over what Luke (who is the only sane, philosophical one left in the Cane and Candle group as opposed to the other thugs) knows about the Matthew Starwood campaign headquarters bombing.

Then I go on to discuss some other things that I won't print here since they give away a lot of the story.

But what's important is the whole chapter goes against the tone of the rest of the novel. First I have Luke explain the inner workings of the snakes gang out of the Pig and Coyote (which goes against everything I said a couple of years ago) and then I go into a narrator mode about things happening behind Liam's back. I really tried to avoid this but who knows, maybe it makes the book better!

2004 NaNoWriMo: 45,193 words
2005 NaNoWriMo: 41,483 words

reliantfc3: 46,006 words
incendiarymind: 41,483 words

That is, if these words stay in. I think I'm about to re-write the entire chapter. I mean, I've only got 8,500 words left in five days so that's doable. If I don't rewrite what just happened, the story could very well die.

Cutting off an appendage to save the whole.

I just thank goodness that's not what happened due to my quest for this laptop. Tomorrow I'll wake up, realize it isn't all a dream and really enjoy it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sya said...

Congrats on getting that new laptop!

I stayed at home on Black Friday and just watched footage of really long lines and people trampling on top of each other on the news. Safer that way!

And it looks like you're getting pretty close to 50k--you can make it!

6:10 PM  
Blogger incendiarymind said...

I wonder how many people incorporated Black Friday into their novels since I think everyone picks up a few stories the day after Thanksgiving.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home