Thursday, November 24, 2005

It Might Be More Comfortable Sleeping On A New Laptop

NOVI, MICHIGAN - I decided as I heard eggs cracking and turkeys being dropped and that sort of thing that next year I was sleeping in a hotel. Well, not even a hotel since who knows what kind of financial position I'll be in so maybe just some fleabag Detroit motel further down Grand River Avenue.

I got to sleep at about 1:30 a.m. yesterday after fighting how tired I was from the seven hour drive home (it's really supposed to only be four-and-a-half but snow got in the way for the second year in a row), watching "Lost," and generally wasting time. In the end, I stopped right after 40,000 was caught and summarily executed and it's where I still stand now.


40,082 / 50,000
(80.2%)



If there's one thing that I know it's that chances are I'll be trying NaNoWriMo again next year. And my mother's computer is just not conducive to anything (I think it dates back to the 1990s when I was living at home after college). But I hope to correct at least that situation tomorrow.

In all of my years, I've never fought with Black Friday crowds but I'm going to this year - I need a laptop! I'm getting a laptop!

Best Buy, and there's one only about two miles away from my parent's house in Malltown, U.S.A., has laptops for $379.99!

My parents kept pointing out a similar laptop in the Wal-Mart circular but I kept trying to tell them that if I step into a Wal-Mart my skin will fester and I will vomit blood. And that's just the hypertension, leaving out my allergic reaction to exploitation since those symptoms make it even more disgusting.

Anyhow, the Best Buy laptop is a Toshiba (it's an HP at Wal-Mart), 256 MB, 40 gig hard drive, DVD/CD RW. And, hopefully it will be mine because it's ordinarily $749.99.

So at least tonight I'll get to sleep out in my sister's car as opposed to on this stupid air mattress.

I figure I'll just stay up writing after Thanksgiving dinner is over and then go to Best Buy instead of going to sleep. There will be no more trying to hunch over this computer in a hunch sitting on a chair borrowed from the kitchen table.

Next year at Thanksgiving, it's laptop time. On the ride home to Chicago, it's laptop time (well for part of it at least).

Happy Fucking Thanksgiving everyone! May your home experience (if that's where you are) be better than mine always is!

2004 NaNoWriMo: 42,284 words
2005 NaNoWriMo: 40,082 words

reliantfc3: 44,350 words
incendiarymind: 40,082 words

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home