Thursday, October 13, 2005

Squirming All Over The Map Like Scott McClellan

Haven't really though a lot about my Nano recently. But tonight I typed in nanowrimo.org when I meant to type in netflix.com. So I think my trying to catch up on everything in October is slowly turning into a prep phrase.

I actually did do a little planning. I have decided that instead of starting the novel at the rally with the shock ending to the chapter of the British flag flying, I'm actually going to follow the rules of successful writing and start with an action scene - that of the protagonist being tied to a pipe looking at the table of real thugs and realizing how they closely resemble the small college group that he came from.

Of course then I have to figure out how to break back into the correct chronology. And I don't want it to become an overblown character introduction like, "then he thought about [x], was he the spy? Then he thought of [y] who was [adjective], was she the spy?"

Well I guess I've got a while yet to figure out how to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home