Saturday, October 01, 2005

NANOWRIMO Fever Starts To Set In

My NANOWRIMO geekiness has reached new levels. I have already signed up at the web site and although I wasn't around last October 1, if the site's useability right now is pretty exciting. It just keeps crashing due to the number of people who have signed up.

Judging by my friends list, it also seems as though nearly all of the usual suspects are going to be back. Only squirrelgirl hasn't checked in. heidimo is dropping out but she's going to be on the chat room at least. Even rosemilk has appeared out of the ether.

This year I'm also excited because there's a Podcast being created by guru Chris Baty (and he setting the argument right in the Podcast that it's "na-no-wry-mo") and it's hilarious. It's RSS feed address is http://feeds.feedburner.com/WrimoRadio.

I've also already been on the chat room and added a new person to both my Yahoo instant messenger and LiveJournal, reliantfc3.

The NANOWRIMO related LiveJournal communities are already up too in the form of nanowrimo and 2005nanowrimo.

My internet went down briefly and it gave me a chance to briefly outline some plot points. I won't correct these for grammar (already starting NANO bad habits) but they are as follows:

- Opening scene at moderately sized campus rally.
- Speaking out against what seems like it could be an anti-government dissent against Iraq war, but substitute Jordan. Talks about Transjordan, Assyria, etc. Names of protectorates set up by British in 1950s.
- Find out names of act to coerce Indians, Canadians, etc. to fight for British in WWI, WWII, etc.
- Had 36 years of an independent nation between Revolution War and War of 1812.
- Painting of James Madison signing some sort of treaty hangs about every classroom.

I also just began to plot out characters. Or, well, the protagonist but I can't even come up with a name. I pencilled in Liam (if pen if that's possible) but that's gotta change in the next month. What am I going to name the main antagonist, Noel? I don't even like Oasis. :)

Though my bigger problem is I can't even decide on a title. "Stars, Bars, And The Crown" sounds like a Coheed & Cambria song, for one. And for two it just doesn't inspire the kind of stick to it that last year's title did. Maybe something will come to me in the working of the novel.

And, the other thing I have to get in order is the Chicago west side writing gathering. infanttyrone and squirrelgirl22 do you want to help me out? At least that way, there will be three of us west towners there guaranteed. I'm thinking perhaps the Mutiny might be a nice, wide open space to meet, drink, and talk about things.

Or, you know, knowing us Chicago types, maybe a place without alcohol might be more productive. :)

I'm ready. This is incendiarymind, NANO addict, checking in. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home