Monday, October 24, 2005

Cripes, It's Almost November And I Have Nothing Done

So there's one week to go and I'm actually started to freak out a bit. While I still have the seed of the idea, I don't have any idea where I'm going with it. But if I outline, I'm freaked out that I won't have enough for 50,000 words without taking my characters (who are still unnamed) down random plot rabbit holes.

This year looked to be going so swimmingly early on before all of the distractions of my real life got in the way.

I'm pretty sure that I've tied up all of the loose ends here in October. I'm watching a lot of movies, making sure my friends know I'm about to disappear again (like they're going to miss these last two weeks when I was actually around) for a month to two months - depending on how close I get to finishing the novel in November.

Though part of me really thinks that I should at least come up with some characters, last year it works so well to actually get into the groove and let the juices flow before I did anything. I didn't even have protagonist names last year. So I might as well do that again.

I wouldn't recommend that to anyone else though because I think it's the reason I'm going bald. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home